It’s that time of year again for the snakes to come about.
Some people will use moth balls as a snake repellent, but these are actually toxic to dogs, cats and other animals. Plus, they don’t work well at repelling the snakes.
Dogs like to eat anything smelly so moth balls may be yummy to dogs even though they smell horrible to us. If a toxic amount is ingested it can cause a severe hemolytic anemia. This disease often needs blood transfusions to treat it.
So, keep your pets safe and avoid the moth balls.